Get Ready for Regional Training Days in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch 2016.
First event: Become A Natural Negotiator, presented by Ross Gilmour on 4th and 9th April, 2016 in Auckland and Wellington respectively. Click here for more details.
CBNZ has hosted many training events and Conferences including:
- Chain Reaction - Inspired to Inspire August 2015 - Special 2 day event.
- Keep Fit for Budget Advisors - October 2014 and February 2015
- Motivational Interviewing - 2013
- Help Yourself and Your Clients - 2012
- Building Stronger Communities - 2011 - 2 Day Conference/Training Event
Plus 'Nuts and Bolts' sessions for Budget Advisors (Work and Income, Banking Scams, IRD etc ..)
We are very thankful and grateful to our supporters and funders for enabling these events to take place.
Building Stronger Communities Conference
SIXTH NATIONAL CONFERENCE
- A GREAT SUCCESS
How can budget advisors help build stronger communities? That was the question posed at CBNZ's
6th National Conference held in Lower Hutt at the end of August.
Delegates enjoyed presentations by 6 fantastic speakers who all challenged them in different ways. Mick Duncan, Manurewa Baptist pastor and author, stressed the importance of taking every opportunity that comes our way to make a difference - what he called 'The Butterfly Effect'.
Sam Chapman, New Zealander of the Year 2011, also challenged attendees to really find out why clients makes the decisions they do, in order to help them move forward - one solution doesn't fit all.
Our 2 day event attracted 60 delegates from all over the country from Invercargill to Auckland. Feedback was awesome and included:
- "Great Conference. Amazing in every way"
- "So much was really useful and challenging."
- "Inspiring into action."
- "It's especially useful to talk to people from other budget advisors from other services."
great time to mix with other budget advisors, share ideas and upskill.